Today, Canvs is introducing our new emotional measurement rating for TV streaming and talent: the Weekly Canvs AF List™. This rating is based on a proprietary measure of the most emotionally engaging programs from the previous week expressed as the Canvs AF Score™.
The Canvs AF Score, which combines engagement metrics such as Canvs’ Emotional Reactions and Reaction Rate, determines not just the most talked-about programs and talent of the week, but also which generated the highest levels of audience Emotional Engagement. This score is based on analysis from the Canvs AI insights platform, which uses artificial intelligence and advanced natural language processing (NLP) to analyze social conversations about TV programs and talent. Through this analysis, the Canvs platform not only identifies responses that express emotion but also which emotions are being expressed.
Because the AF Score factors in Emotional Reaction and Reaction Rate in addition to total conversation, we’re able to quickly identify emerging content. Additionally, Canvs’ unique ability to identify key drivers of audience reaction gives us the ability to produce a Talent rating that spans programs and platforms/networks.
The Canvs AF Lists provide a unique, emotions first, perspective into what programs and talent outperform the crowd in driving not just high levels of conversation, but high levels of passion. While other lists based on total viewership or viewership hours provide a view into what programs and talent were talked about, the Canvs AF Lists tackle the much more complex issue of what programs/talent had the greatest emotional impact on its viewers.
About the Canvs AF Score
The Canvs AF Score is expressed as a number generally in the hundreds and is based on a Z-Score combination of several Canvs AI metrics. The Canvs AF Score provides a normalized benchmark that can be used to determine a program or talent’s engagement compared to the top programs and talent from the previous two years. For example, if a program or talent had a Canvs AF Score of 800, that would mean the program ranked in the 80th percentile when compared to historical programs or talent.
Additional Information on metrics within the Weekly Canvs AF Score:
– The rank is determined by the streaming program and talent with the highest Canvs AF Score™ from the current week being tracked.
– Compared to Previous Week references how the streaming program or talent ranked in the previous week and its improvement or decline in rank during the current week
– An Emotional Reaction is defined as a dialogue response that contains one or more of Canvs’ 42 core emotions.
– A Reaction Rate is defined as the percentage of posts and comments that express an emotion.
– Emotional Reactions and Reaction Rate have been included in the full Canvs AF Lists for streaming and talent to provide additional context on the programs’ performance.
*AF is short for All the Feels, a nod to the unique emotional measurement provided by Canvs AI.